GTM Wins Business of the Year
One of the really, what we consider predictable, great things to come from this award, is that we have shown and continue to move forward with our commitment to become a Legendary national Mortgage company. Our trajectory from winning the Baylor Fastest growing family owned Small Business of the Year Award in 2013, our recent Inc. 5000 award and now the Large Family Business of the year award, truly shows we are committed to success!
Institute for Family Business celebrates Texas Family Businesses
WACO, Texas (Oct. 27, 2015) –The Institute for Family Business at Baylor University will honor the 2015 Texas Family Business of the Year Award winners and finalists at an awards banquet on November 19th at the Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation.
The awards program – now in its 26th year – recognizes outstanding family firms who demonstrate a commitment to serve their community, industry and employees.
“The Institute for Family Business and Baylor University is privileged to honor great family businesses for the 26th consecutive year,” said William J. Worthington, director of the Institute for Family Business within the Hankamer School of Business. “The applicant pool provided stunning examples of the impact that firm, family, and faith can have on individuals, businesses, and the communities they serve.”
This year’s winners are:
- Small Family Business of the Year – Renfro Foods, Inc. – Fort Worth
- Medium Family Business of the Year – The Arbor Behavioral Healthcare Facilities – Georgetown
- Large Family Business of the Year – Georgetown Mortgage – Georgetown
- Community Commitment Award –Tranum Auto Group – Temple
- Family Values Award – Ben Franklin Apothecary – Duncanville
- Fastest Growing Award – Ready Seal, Inc. – Lewisville
- Well-Managed Award – Groves Equipment Rental Co., Inc. – Groves
- Founders Award – Freddy’s Auto Glass & Mirror, Inc. – Waco
- Heritage Award – Wylie Flower & Gift – Wylie
- Stewardship Award – High Point Travel Inc. – Dallas
- Young/New Business – Focus Behavioral Associates – Robinson
Through the Texas Family Business of the Year Awards and other programs such as the Family Business Fall Forum and the Family Business Spring Symposium, the Institute for Family Business continues to fulfill its mission to develop and disseminate information relevant to the health and continuity of family businesses. Visit www.Baylor.edu/business/txfamily/ for more information.
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having “high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 15,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating university in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 11 nationally recognized academic divisions. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.0