VA Loan Services
Your dream is no different from those of your brothers and sisters of the U.S. military. You return home from honorable service and find the house of your dreams. Finding and qualifying for a mortgage loan should not be another uphill battle.
You fought enough in service to your country. It’s our turn at Georgetown Mortgage to fight for you and help you land your VA home loan. With the Georgetown Mortgage commitment to quick closings you can look forward to winding down in the safety and comfort of your new home.
The VA Loan
A VA home loan is a mortgage insured by the Department of Veterans Affairs (“VA”). Those eligible for VA loans include:
- Active-duty military personnel
- U.S. military Veterans
- Surviving spouses of military service persons who die while on duty or as a result of military service
- Some reservists and National Guardsmen
The typical VA loan offers 100% financing, meaning no down payment. Compared with a conventional, zero-down mortgage, the VA loan has two distinct benefits:
- The interest rate on a VA loan is usually lower, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Borrowers who take out VA loans only have to pay certain closing costs called ‘allowables.’ The other costs are paid either by the seller or by the lender making the loan.
When a VA Loan in Texas Makes Sense to You
In Texas, U.S. Veterans are also eligible for a home loan under the Veterans Housing Assistance Program enacted by the Texas State Legislature. Under the VLB program, eligible Texas Veterans can obtain up to $417,000 in financing toward the purchase of a new home located anywhere within the State of Texas. Some of the many features include:
- Purchase either a new construction or existing single-family home; primary residence only.
- 15-20-25- or 30-year terms, with zero-down payment.
- Fixed-rate mortgage loan with lower interest rate.
- Disabled Veterans may qualify for additional interest rate reduction.
- Loans are originated in conjunction with FHA, VA, or conventional financing and by a participating lender, such as Georgetown Mortgage.
You served your country. Now, let us serve you.
Your Georgetown Mortgage loan officer will help you find the VA loan that best fits your situation. We want you to pursue your VA loan with confidence; we’ll be there every step of the way and plough through the reams of documentation together.
The Georgetown Mortgage team believes in the Golden Rule: we treat you how we want to be treated—fairly, honestly, equally, and with full transparency. You’ll find, every military Veteran matters to us. You get one mortgage originator, one lender relationship, because we don’t believe in your having to re-explain your situation with every conversation.
When you’ve found the home of your dreams, turn to Georgetown Mortgage for the VA loan that makes your dream come true. You can expect more from your Georgetown Mortgage borrowing experience. Imagine the peace of mind you’ll feel with our Georgetown Mortgage lending professionals on your side.